Two men arrested for stabbing in South Valley
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Two men are in jail for a stabbing in the South Valley and police are still searching for a third suspect.
On January 25, 2013 at about 10 pm, a 26-year-old Coalinga resident was stabbed while walking in the area of Hachman and Pleasant Street in Coalinga. Police learned of the incident when they were contacted by Coalinga Regional Medical Center staff regarding the stabbing victim.
Investigation by Police Officer Buckner led to the identification of two of the possible suspects, 27-year-old Daniel Ray Sanchez and 22-year-old Ricardo Maciel, both from Coalinga and documented Bulldog gang members. The attack reportedly followed a short argument where a third suspect was allegedly making gang statements.
Maciel and Sanchez were located at the local Fastrip gas station about an hour later and were taken into custody without incident. Both were charged with Assault with a Deadly Weapon, Participation in a Criminal Street Gang, and Conspiracy. They were later transferred to the Fresno County Jail.
A third suspect is outstanding in this case and the case is still under investigation.
The victim was initially treated at Coalinga Regional Medical Center then transferred to Community Regional Medical Center in Fresno, where he received further treatment prior to being released.
Anyone with information regarding this case is asked to contact Officer Buckner at the Police Department at (559) 935-1525.
south valley, coalinga, stabbing, crimetracker, state
- Marijuana was target of Fresno Co home invasion
- Kai was neither hero nor did he cause crash, witnesses say
- Jury awards $1.5 million in Fresno Police excessive force trial
- Valley growers told to brace for drought
- Gunman kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- Toys for Tots needs just over 10k gifts to meet goal
- Tulare County opens fraud hotline
- Big Sur wildfire destroys fire chief's home
- Mega Millions jackpot soars to $636 million
- 3 Fresno State Bulldogs named SI All-Americans Honorable Mentions
- Inmate escapes from Merced County Jail
- 1 dead 1 injured in Merced C.O. shooting
- Valley thieves target truck tailgates
- Valley thieves steal packages from front doors
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos