Ferry collides with small speedboat near San Francisco
TIBURON, Calif. -- Two people were injured after their small speedboat collided with a ferry in Raccoon Strait, a waterway just south of Tiburon.
Officials say the boat was traveling at a high rate of speed around 4:30 p.m., Saturday, when it struck a ferry that was traveling from Sausalito to San Francisco. The smaller boat was seriously damaged in the collision.
Santa Clara resident Angeles Lechuga saw the two people being carried off the speedboat, "The first guy that they took off was completely not moving, they were doing the CPR for a long time, he was just not moving" she said.
"The second guy that they took out was just in shock, you could see him shaking, his legs were shaking," Lechuga said.
According to Golden Gate Highway Transportation District spokesperson Mary Currie, the ferry was carrying about 500 people. None of those aboard the ferry were injured in the collision.
That Coast Guard is interviewing witnesses to try to get an idea how this happened.
The two people injured were transported by helicopter to Marin General Hospital
- World leaders, South Africans honor Mandela
- Juvenile seriously injured in Planada shooting
- Truck driver dies after pinned while making delivery in Fresno
- Lawsuit filed after arrest made in Elbow Room fight
- Experts advise caution after several carbon monoxide leaks
- Freeze affects Valley's $1.5 billion citrus industry
- Merced Mercy Credit Union Cycling Classic runs its course 8 min ago
- Helicopter crashes while warming citrus grove
- Video: Valley Works: Fresno State Nursing Program
- Man arrested after a shooting spree in Fresno
- Man arrested for beating outside Elbow Room
- Pulmonary Rehab: Healing with music
- Fresno State fans plan for the Royal Purple Vegas Bowl
- Derek Carr not on Heisman Trophy finalist list
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos