Police say suspects use hatchet during home invasion
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Two Men in the bay area are recovering after they were attacked with a hatchet during a home invasion robbery, police said.
Authorities say a 58-year-old man came home to find a 69-year-old man tied up and suffering from deep cuts. Three suspects who were still in the home then attacked the 58-year-old with a hatchet.
San Francisco Police Department Spokesperson Albie Esparza said, "It's extremely rare to see a hatchet used as a weapon in these home invasion robberies. It's a very medieval looking device, if you will. It's very barbaric."
Both victims suffered serious injuries and were taken to a local hospital. They are expected to be ok.
Police say the suspects are teenagers and have not yet been identified.
san francisco, robbery, home invasion, state
- Edison High School ROP teacher shot in classroom
- Authorities file charges in Elbow Room beating
- Spencer Scarber denied new trial in rape case
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- Copper thieves flood Tower District businesses
- Valley experts give advice after Target accounts hacked
- SoCal tour bus crash injures 22, kills 1
- Consumer Watch: Handheld video gaming devices
- Operation Bulldog cracks down on gang members
- Freeze impacts one Valley farmer's tropical fruit harvest
- Patriarch off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- In-N-Out opens in Hanford
- City of Fresno hiring to help city development
- Dozens injured at partial London theater collapse
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos