I-5 over the Grapevine has reopened in both directions
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- After being closed for much of Tuesday morning due to snow, the CHP reopened the Grapevine at 10:42am to traffic in both directions. However, they urge drivers to be careful because of gusty winds and wet roads.
Highway 58 over the Tehachapi Pass has also reopened after being closed due to snow.
Snow has also prompted chain controls in the local mountains. Chains are required on Highway 41, 3.5 miles north of Big Cedar Springs. On Highway 168, chains are required 3.4 miles east of Prather. And chains are required on Highway 180, 9.3 miles east of Highway 245.
- Man arrested for beating outside Elbow Room 58 min ago
- Fatal car accident kills pedestrian in Merced
- Valley farmers see minimal damage to citrus crops
- Fresno State to play USC Las Vegas Bowl
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands
- Rain could pose threat to Valley orange crops
- Toys for Tots Marathon Weekend 2013
- Low elevation snow catches some off guard
- Ukraine sees largest anti-govt protest since 2004
- Man wanted for shooting near Fresno ice rink arrested
- Fresno State defeats Utah State 24-17
- Train hits pedestrian and dog in Central Fresno
- HWY 41 opens near Tenaya Lodge after closed due to snow
- Video: Mountain communities wake up to snow