Man shot and then thrown onto an LA freeway
LOS ANGELES -- Authorities say a man has been shot and thrown from a car on a busy downtown Los Angeles freeway, triggering the shutdown of southbound lanes and a search for the gunman.
Fire Department spokesman Cecil Manresa said the shooting was reported on Interstate 110 shortly before 5 p.m. Saturday.
KNX-AM reports the man was shot twice and tossed out of the car in the fast lane.
Police Sgt. Herb Chang said the victim remained hospitalized late Saturday in critical condition.
The shooting forced officers to shut down all southbound lanes by the 9th street exit for two hours to investigate the crime scene, causing traffic to back up for miles.
los angeles, shooting, state
- Man arrested for beating outside Elbow Room
- Fatal car accident kills pedestrian in Merced
- Valley farmers see minimal damage to citrus crops
- Fresno State to play USC Las Vegas Bowl
- New Jersey restaurant parts ways with gay waitress
- Avatars helping athletes 53 min ago
- Costly headphone disappoints 49 min ago
- 2 arrested in Tulare Co for allegedly shooting man several times
- 4 displaced after Central Fresno house fire
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands
- Rain could pose threat to Valley orange crops
- Toys for Tots Marathon Weekend 2013
- Low elevation snow catches some off guard
- Ukraine sees largest anti-govt protest since 2004
- Consumer Watch: Costly headphone disappoints
51 min ago