Orange County man sets himself on fire
COSTA MESA, Calif. -- Authorities say a man was rushed to a hospital burn unit after lighting himself on fire at an Orange County nail salon.
Costa Mesa Police Sgt. Clint Dieball says the man walked into the salon, doused himself with a flammable liquid and set fire to himself just after noon Sunday.
Someone inside the salon doused the flames with a fire extinguisher.
Dieball says the man was burned but alive when paramedics took him to a hospital. Investigators have not determined a motive. Dieball says the man's wife or girlfriend was inside the salon at the time, and the couple had been estranged.
Nobody else was hurt. The salon, Creative Nails & Spa in Costa Mesa, sustained minor fire damage.
los angeles, state
- Edison High School ROP teacher shot in classroom
- Copper thieves flood Tower District businesses
- Spencer Scarber denied new trial in rape case
- Authorities file charges in Elbow Room beating
- Valley experts give advice after Target accounts hacked
- SoCal tour bus crash injures 22, kills 1
- Consumer Watch: Handheld video gaming devices 43 min ago
- Operation Bulldog cracks down on gang members
- Freeze impacts one Valley farmer's tropical fruit harvest
- Patriarch off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- In-N-Out opens in Hanford 38 min ago
- City of Fresno hiring to help city development
- Dozens injured at partial London theater collapse
- Murders, car thefts, robberies up in Visalia other crimes down
- Consumer Watch: Handheld video gaming devices
39 min ago
- Fresno State Bulldogs get out of practice...
56 min ago
- Online love connection leads to some...
57 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos