Orange County man sets himself on fire
COSTA MESA, Calif. -- Authorities say a man was rushed to a hospital burn unit after lighting himself on fire at an Orange County nail salon.
Costa Mesa Police Sgt. Clint Dieball says the man walked into the salon, doused himself with a flammable liquid and set fire to himself just after noon Sunday.
Someone inside the salon doused the flames with a fire extinguisher.
Dieball says the man was burned but alive when paramedics took him to a hospital. Investigators have not determined a motive. Dieball says the man's wife or girlfriend was inside the salon at the time, and the couple had been estranged.
Nobody else was hurt. The salon, Creative Nails & Spa in Costa Mesa, sustained minor fire damage.
los angeles, state
- Fresno couple wins $1 million on scratcher 20 min ago
- No time added for killer of Atwater prison guard
- Arrest made in Tulare County officer-involved shooting
- Drop in Valley flu cases
- New painkiller 10 times stronger than Vicodin
- Athletes embracing "extreme" exercise trends
- Senator: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Tiger Cubs make big debut at Fresno Chaffee Zoo
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy
- Vet saves poisoned dog with vodka
- Obama's surprise turn on 'Between Two Ferns'
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- Interpol shows image of 2 Iranians on missing jet
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos