Orange County man sets himself on fire
COSTA MESA, Calif. -- Authorities say a man was rushed to a hospital burn unit after lighting himself on fire at an Orange County nail salon.
Costa Mesa Police Sgt. Clint Dieball says the man walked into the salon, doused himself with a flammable liquid and set fire to himself just after noon Sunday.
Someone inside the salon doused the flames with a fire extinguisher.
Dieball says the man was burned but alive when paramedics took him to a hospital. Investigators have not determined a motive. Dieball says the man's wife or girlfriend was inside the salon at the time, and the couple had been estranged.
Nobody else was hurt. The salon, Creative Nails & Spa in Costa Mesa, sustained minor fire damage.
los angeles, state
- FS hires White as new Women's Basketball Coach
- Two killed in shooting near Exeter
- FFD: Squatters likely causing dangerous fires
- Recycled water may ease drought concerns
- Lemoore considers tough water rules
- 4 dead, 292 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- New twist in case of murdered Fresno sex offender
- Boston police safely blow up suspicious backpacks
- Job seekers interview for the world's...
- VIRAL VIDEO: Kids try to use a Walkman
- Police say 5 dead in Calgary stabbings
- Pro-Russian insurgents seize armored vehicles
- China's growth slows to 7.4 percent in 1Q
- Bank of America posts loss, hurt by legal expenses