Powerball fever hits California; jackpot may hit $60 million
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Powerball players have some new competition. Monday, California joined the multi-state lottery.
Powerball is known for its huge jackpots, including the more than a half-billion-dollar pay out last November.
Days after, California realized it was missing out on millions in tax dollars and unanimously approved the multi-state game.
The estimated jackpot on Wednesday is $60 million. But the odds will stay the same with California now in the game.
If you bought 50 tickets a week, you'd win the jackpot on average, every 68 thousand years.
lottery, state, gaby rodriguez
- Fresno attorney reenacts testimony from Kai
- FUSD improves nationally but still behind peers
- Teen girl found dead in Madera County stream
- Valley schools prepare for new transgender law
- Wood burning contributes to bad air quality in the Valley 39 min ago
- Bad air keeps some Valley students indoors 45 min ago
- Health Watch: Pinpointing prostate cancer
- The new year will mean a new sheriff for Merced County
- Ex-BP engineer convicted on 1 obstruction charge
- Public tickets to the Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl sold out
- Calif senator: Revenge porn law should include selfies
- Mega Million Winning Numbers
- Marijuana was target of Fresno Co home invasion
- Kai was neither hero nor did he cause crash, witnesses say
- Wood burning contributing to bad air quality
52 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos