Powerball fever hits California; jackpot may hit $60 million
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Powerball players have some new competition. Monday, California joined the multi-state lottery.
Powerball is known for its huge jackpots, including the more than a half-billion-dollar pay out last November.
Days after, California realized it was missing out on millions in tax dollars and unanimously approved the multi-state game.
The estimated jackpot on Wednesday is $60 million. But the odds will stay the same with California now in the game.
If you bought 50 tickets a week, you'd win the jackpot on average, every 68 thousand years.
lottery, state, gaby rodriguez
- Man arrested for beating outside Elbow Room
- Fatal car accident kills pedestrian in Merced
- Valley farmers see minimal damage to citrus crops
- Fresno State to play USC Las Vegas Bowl
- New Jersey restaurant parts ways with gay waitress
- Avatars helping athletes
- Costly headphone disappoints
- 2 arrested in Tulare Co for allegedly shooting man several times
- 4 displaced after Central Fresno house fire
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands
- Rain could pose threat to Valley orange crops
- Toys for Tots Marathon Weekend 2013
- Low elevation snow catches some off guard
- Ukraine sees largest anti-govt protest since 2004
- Accuweather Forecast
17 min ago