"Water Fire" burning near I5 on the Grapevine
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Firefighters are working to put out a fire in Kern County along Interstate 5 through the Grapevine.
The wildfire forced the Highway Patrol to close parts of the interstate at one point on Tuesday. Crews are working to protect about 45 houses in the area, but so far there's been no mandatory evacuations.
The fire has burned 612 acres and is 75 percent contained. Investigators still do not know how it sparked.
kern county, widlfire, state
- Crews search for Fresno man near Shaver Lake
- Malaysia widens search for missing plane 49 min ago
- Street sweeper finds shooting victim in Fresno
- Rockets strike Israel, jeopardizing truce talk
- Driver kills 2, injures 23 at SXSW festival, police say
- Searchers scour rubble after gas explosion kills 7
- Golden Gate Bridge survivor speaks at Fresno State
- Applications for US jobless aid dip to 3-month low
- Los Banos mom kicks teen in the head, police say
- Undercover: CPD stopping alcohol sales to minors
- Fresno police connect vintage car thefts to guns, gangs
- Fresno's most notorious mass murder remembered
- Wild Colorado chase ends after 3 carjackings
- Photos: Incredible images from Colorado car chase