"Water Fire" burning near I5 on the Grapevine
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Firefighters are working to put out a fire in Kern County along Interstate 5 through the Grapevine.
The wildfire forced the Highway Patrol to close parts of the interstate at one point on Tuesday. Crews are working to protect about 45 houses in the area, but so far there's been no mandatory evacuations.
The fire has burned 612 acres and is 75 percent contained. Investigators still do not know how it sparked.
kern county, widlfire, state
- Truck driver dies after pinned while making delivery in Fresno
- Juvenile seriously injured in Planada shooting 52 min ago
- Lawsuit filed after arrest made in Elbow Room fight
- Experts advise caution after several carbon monoxide leaks
- Merced Mercy Credit Union Cycling Classic runs its course
- Helicopter crashes while warming citrus grove
- Video: Valley Works: Fresno State Nursing Program
- Man arrested after a shooting spree in Fresno
- Man arrested for beating outside Elbow Room
- Pulmonary Rehab: Healing with music
- Fresno State fans plan for the Royal Purple Vegas Bowl
- Derek Carr not on Heisman Trophy finalist list
- Surviving the mall's food court
- 18 LA sheriff's deputies face US charges