Fresno baby and his father killed in Oakland
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A Fresno baby and his 20-year old father have been murdered in the Bay Area and police are searching for their killer.
The shooting happened early Wednesday morning in Oakland. Family members say the victims are 20-year-old Andrew Thomas and his one-year-old son Drew. They say both lived in Fresno.
Police say the shooting happened around 2:45 a.m. when someone began firing into the house where the father and son were staying. Andrew was pronounced dead at the scene and Drew died at a Bay Area hospital.
Police spent most of the morning canvassing the neighborhood where the shooting happened. Investigators said they have made no arrests and have no suspects in the case.
bay area, oakland, shooting, homicide, murder, state
- One person killed in Fresno County crash 9 min ago
- 16-year-old survives in wheel well of Maui flight
- Marathon tragedy inspires woman to help save lives
- Man dies following shooting at Fresno apartment
- Photos: Valley families celebrate Easter
- 2 nurses stabbed in separate SoCal hospital attacks
- Sikh community celebrates Vaisakhi in Caruthers
- Grim work for families as more bodies discovered
- Yemen: Airstrike targets al-Qaida training camps
- Malaysia, Flight 370 relatives talk financial help
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- 7,000 Easter eggs rain down from helicopter
- Health Watch: 5 clues to Alzheimer's
- Consumer Reports evaluates top toilet papers