No criminal charges to be filed in fatal San Mateo Bridge limo fire
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- No criminal charges will be filed in the fatal limo fire in the San Francisco Bay Area.
Five women were killed after being trapped inside a burning limo on the San Mateo Bridge back in May.
Two of the women were from the Valley. According to sources with knowledge of the CHP investigation, there was no criminal negligence on the part of the driver or the owner of the limo.
The CHP also reviewed cell phone records and determined the driver was in fact not talking on his cell phone during the fire as previously reported.
san francisco, state
- $20 thousand reward for missing Fresno man
- 2010 Greyhound Bus crash lawsuit settled
- Ex-Fresno paralegal found guilty of murder
- World leaders, South Africans honor Mandela
- Sonic apologizes for racist sign
- Photos: Technology Gift Guide
- Lawsuit filed after arrest made in Elbow Room fight
- Debate on Fresno's water rate hike gets heated
- 6 missing people found alive in northern Nevada
- Putin vows to beef up Arctic military presence
- Canada plans claim that would include North Pole
- Juvenile seriously injured in Planada shooting
- Truck driver dies after pinned while making delivery in Fresno
- Fresno auto shops build next Wheels of Hope car