Bakersfield woman accused of murdering husband
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- An elementary school principal in Bakersfield is accused of murdering her husband.
Police arrested Leslie Jenea Chance on Thursday on suspicion she shot her husband. Authorities found the body of 45-year-old Todd Chance last Sunday, in an almond field, west of Bakersfield.
Investigators believe the husband and wife left their home together on Sunday in their black Mustang.
"A handgun inside the car, and we believe that's the firearm that was used in the shooting," Ray Pruitt, from Kern County Sheriff's Department said. "We do have witnesses that have witnessed different parts of what occurred."
One neighbor says she saw a woman matching Leslie Jenea Chance's description get out of the car and walk away. Chance is in jail on first-degree murder charges and is expected to be in court Tuesday.
bakersfield, crimetracker, state
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- Vigil held for slain Parlier football coach
- 8 kids, 4 adults involved in SW Fresno crash
- Family remembers murder victim, forgetting killer
- Suspected gang members arrested in Winton murder
- FDIC sues 16 big banks that set key rate
- West readies sanctions on Russia after Crimea vote
- Visalia man accused of sexual conduct with boy
- Valley residents seeing more black widow spiders
- Weather to warm up for CA Classic Half-Marathon
- States sue over California's egg laws
- Visalia school unveils new solar structures
- Sailor in iconic WWII photo dies
- 7 health apps you need to know about
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos