Man stabbed to death after San Francisco Giants game
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Authorities say a man was stabbed to death after a fight broke out near San Francisco's AT&T Park, where the Giants were playing the Los Angeles Dodgers.
Police said the victim was in a crowd of Dodgers fans when the fight started shortly after 11:30 p.m. Wednesday at Third and Harrison streets near the ballpark. They said the victim's father and brother were both wearing Dodger colors, they were both unharmed. The victim was not wearing Dodgers colors.
Police have detained three people and are interviewing witnesses. The altercation involved a comment about Dodgers apparel. Police did not say if any of those involved were wearing Giants gear.
Police did not confirm if the fight was linked to the victim and his family being Dodger fans.
The Associated Press and KGO-TV contributed to this report.
san francisco, san francisco giants, los angeles dodgers, stabbing, homicide, state
- AMBER ALERT: Boy, 12, abducted in Long Beach 29 min ago
- Authorities investigate a shooting in Chowchilla 12 min ago
- Los Angeles police arrest man in severed head case
- USGS: 6.9 earthquake hits 50 miles west of Eureka
- Calif. emissions law could make gas prices jump
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- Police: Man killed in Fresno gang-related shooting
- Man accused of killing Parlier coach identified
- Cornell president named new head of Smithsonian
- Investigators chase 'every angle' in missing jet
- Bees attack drivers after SoCal car crash
- Man holds out atop roof of San Diego FBI building
- Toddler uses FaceTime to help mom after dog bite
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after Visalia Save Mart robbery