Man stabbed to death after San Francisco Giants game
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Authorities say a man was stabbed to death after a fight broke out near San Francisco's AT&T Park, where the Giants were playing the Los Angeles Dodgers.
Police said the victim was in a crowd of Dodgers fans when the fight started shortly after 11:30 p.m. Wednesday at Third and Harrison streets near the ballpark. They said the victim's father and brother were both wearing Dodger colors, they were both unharmed. The victim was not wearing Dodgers colors.
Police have detained three people and are interviewing witnesses. The altercation involved a comment about Dodgers apparel. Police did not say if any of those involved were wearing Giants gear.
Police did not confirm if the fight was linked to the victim and his family being Dodger fans.
The Associated Press and KGO-TV contributed to this report.
san francisco, san francisco giants, los angeles dodgers, stabbing, homicide, state
- Reward raised to $100K to find Ryan Rodriquez
- Fresno police target gangs in new operation
- Local heroes honored for bravery in Fresno
- Fresno Co. supervisors OK preliminary marijuana ban
- SF Giants pitcher inspired by Batkid to give
- Man shot several times in Central Fresno
- NTSB: Asiana captain worried about visual landing
- 2010 Greyhound Bus crash lawsuit settled
- $20 thousand reward for missing Fresno man
- Ex-Fresno paralegal found guilty of murder
- Uruguay legalizes sale, production of marijuana
- Warming tent setup for homeless in Merced County
- Debate on Fresno's water rate hike gets heated
- World leaders, South Africans honor Mandela
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos