Suspect in stabbing of Dodger fan released form jail
SAN FRANCISCO (KFSN) -- Authorities in San Francisco say a suspect arrested in the stabbing death of a Los Angeles Dodgers fan after a Giants-Dodgers game has been released from jail.
Sheriff's spokeswoman Susan Fahey says 21-year-old Michael Montgomery was released shortly after 9 p.m. Friday pending further investigation, and may be arrested again.
The release came just after District Attorney George Gascon said he did not have enough evidence to charge Montgomery with the killing of 24-year-old Jonathan Denver a few blocks from AT&T Park on Wednesday night.
Gascon says that not all witnesses have been questioned, and no independent witnesses have been interviewed in the case, and he has asked police to gather more evidence before he decides on charges.
- Teen girl found dead in Madera County stream
- Valley schools prepare for new transgender law
- The new year will mean a new sheriff for Merced County
- Ex-BP engineer convicted on 1 obstruction charge
- Calif senator: Revenge porn law should include selfies
- Mega Million Winning Numbers
- Marijuana was target of Fresno Co home invasion
- Kai was neither hero nor did he cause crash, witnesses say
- Scams can include investments with friends
- Jury awards $1.5 million in Fresno Police excessive force trial
- Valley growers told to brace for drought
- Gunman kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- Toys for Tots needs just over 10k gifts to meet goal
- Tulare County opens fraud hotline
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos