49ers stadium construction site worker dies in accident
SANTA CLARA, Calif. -- New reports say a worker at the new San Francisco 49ers stadium under construction was killed in a workplace accident.
The accident at the Santa Clara construction site occurred around 8 a.m. Monday. Additional details were not known.
Calls to Santa Clara fire officials, the state workplace safety division and the 49ers were not immediately returned.
The stadium is scheduled to be finished by July 2014. An elevator mechanic, 63-year-old Donald White, was killed at the construction site in June when he was struck by a counterweight while working in a shaft.
bay area, san francisco 49ers, state
- Woman dies in NE Fresno officer-involved shooting
- Man dies after being shot in the chest in Parlier
- Crews battle large fire at Fresno County warehouse
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Man who inspired Three Strikes law may be sentenced under it 42 min ago
- Unemployment figures: Slight economic improvement 15 min ago
- One person dead in Northwest Fresno accident
- Near drownings on the rise
- California jury deadlocks in ex-NFL player's death
- AP: FBI investigates prison company
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Fresno residents can dispose of old tires for free
- Valley veteran surprised with Purple Heart