49ers stadium construction site worker dies in accident
SANTA CLARA, Calif. -- New reports say a worker at the new San Francisco 49ers stadium under construction was killed in a workplace accident.
The accident at the Santa Clara construction site occurred around 8 a.m. Monday. Additional details were not known.
Calls to Santa Clara fire officials, the state workplace safety division and the 49ers were not immediately returned.
The stadium is scheduled to be finished by July 2014. An elevator mechanic, 63-year-old Donald White, was killed at the construction site in June when he was struck by a counterweight while working in a shaft.
bay area, san francisco 49ers, state
- One person shot near the ice rink at the Fulton Mall
- Amber Alert issued for 14-year-old Kennewick Girl
- Two of three missing Dinuba children found safe
- Nelson Mandela has died at the age of 95
- Teenage serial burglar, 14, arrested in Merced
- Wanted Fresno burglar caught on camera
- Body of missing Delano woman found in canal
- Two injured in Madera drive-by shooting
- American teacher shot dead in Libya's Benghazi
- US economy grows at 3.6 percent rate in 3rd quarter
- Foothill residents preparing for freezing temps
- US jobless claims drop to 316,000, as layoffs slow
- Video: Fresno's homeless search for shelter from...
- Serial college campus sex offender to be released soon