49ers stadium construction site worker dies in accident
SANTA CLARA, Calif. -- New reports say a worker at the new San Francisco 49ers stadium under construction was killed in a workplace accident.
The accident at the Santa Clara construction site occurred around 8 a.m. Monday. Additional details were not known.
Calls to Santa Clara fire officials, the state workplace safety division and the 49ers were not immediately returned.
The stadium is scheduled to be finished by July 2014. An elevator mechanic, 63-year-old Donald White, was killed at the construction site in June when he was struck by a counterweight while working in a shaft.
bay area, san francisco 49ers, state
- Fresno 4/20 event fires up health advocates
- Deputies shoot, kill man after high-speed chase
- Divers begin pulling bodies from sunken ferry
- 1 dead, 1 arrested after NW Fresno shooting
- FLIR video captures end of Tulare County chase
- Police arrest 2 suspects in Merced shooting
- 13th body pulled from snow in Everest avalanche
- Health care site flagged in Heartbleed review
- 2 Fresno men arrested in NY for heroin possession
- Deputies: Man smothered crying son over video game
- NASA: Engineer vital to moon landing success dies
- Chopper drops 2,600 golf balls for a good cause
- Blackbeard's hosts large Easter egg hunt
- Easter Brunch recipe