Bay Area man arrested after AMBER Alert; 2-week-old baby found safe
SUNNYVALE, Calif. (KFSN) -- A statewide AMBER Alert is over for a 2-week-year-old baby kidnapped by his father in the Bay Area. Mexican authorities arrested 22-year-old Mesut Guler.
A 2-week-old baby was reportedly taken from an apartment complex in the 900 block of Helen Avenue around 4 p.m. Tuesday, CHP Officer Peter Van Eckert said.
Wednesday morning Guler's cell phone signal was tracked by police to the San Diego area. The baby's mother told police Guler has friends in Mexico
The baby was found safe. Police say he took the baby after a fight with baby's mother.
(KGO-TV San Francisco, CA and Bay City News contributed to this story.)
amber alert, state
- Crews search for Fresno man near Shaver Lake
- Malaysia widens search for missing plane
- Street sweeper finds shooting victim in Fresno 15 min ago
- Rockets strike Israel, jeopardizing truce talk
- Photos: $2.35 million Modern Family home for sale
- Driver kills 2, injures 23 at SXSW festival, police say
- Searchers scour rubble after gas explosion kills 7
- Golden Gate Bridge survivor speaks at Fresno State
- Applications for US jobless aid dip to 3-month low
- Los Banos mom kicks teen in the head, police say
- Undercover: CPD stopping alcohol sales to minors
- Fresno police connect vintage car thefts to guns, gangs
- Fresno's most notorious mass murder remembered
- Wild Colorado chase ends after 3 carjackings