SF Giants pitcher inspired by Batkid to give to Make-A-Wish
SAN FRANCISCO -- The pint-sized superhero known as the Batkid is inspiring a San Francisco Giants player.
Pitcher Matt Cain has pledged to give $50,000 to the Bay Area Make-A-Wish Foundation, if it can raise an equal amount by Wednesday night.
Cain made his pledge because of five-year-old Miles Scott -- the leukemia patient who won the hearts of many after his crime-fighting escapade in San Francisco last month. So far, Make-A-Wish has raised $20,000.
If you would like to add to that total, click here.
batkid, children, charities, cancer, greg suhr, state
- Deputies shoot, kill man after high-speed chase
- 1 dead, 1 arrested after NW Fresno shooting
- 10 more bodies found inside sunken ferry by divers
- FLIR video captures end of Tulare County chase 25 min ago
- Police arrest 2 suspects in Merced shooting 46 min ago
- 13th body pulled from snow in Everest avalanche
- Strong earthquake strikes off Papua New Guinea
- Credit card skimming device found at gas station
- 2 Fresno men arrested in NY for heroin possession
- Deputies: Man smothered crying son over video game
- California regulators propose coyote-killing ban
- Health care site flagged in Heartbleed review
- Merced County swears in nation's 1st Hmong judge
- Easter Brunch recipe
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos