SF Giants pitcher inspired by Batkid to give to Make-A-Wish
SAN FRANCISCO -- The pint-sized superhero known as the Batkid is inspiring a San Francisco Giants player.
Pitcher Matt Cain has pledged to give $50,000 to the Bay Area Make-A-Wish Foundation, if it can raise an equal amount by Wednesday night.
Cain made his pledge because of five-year-old Miles Scott -- the leukemia patient who won the hearts of many after his crime-fighting escapade in San Francisco last month. So far, Make-A-Wish has raised $20,000.
If you would like to add to that total, click here.
batkid, children, charities, cancer, greg suhr, state
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- Vigil held for slain Parlier football coach
- 8 kids, 4 adults involved in SW Fresno crash
- Family remembers murder victim, forgetting killer
- Suspected gang members arrested in Winton murder
- FDIC sues 16 big banks that set key rate
- West readies sanctions on Russia after Crimea vote
- Visalia man accused of sexual conduct with boy
- Valley residents seeing more black widow spiders
- Weather to warm up for CA Classic Half-Marathon
- States sue over California's egg laws
- Visalia school unveils new solar structures
- Sailor in iconic WWII photo dies
- 7 health apps you need to know about
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos