SoCal man buys 2 winning lotto tickets worth over $50 million
LOS ALAMITOS, Calif. -- A man who purchased two winning Lotto tickets from the same Los Alamitos store has come forward.
The California Lottery said Racy Pel purchased a ticket worth $50 million, and another worth $32,000, all in the same transaction at Finish Line Food Store.
Pel says he's been buying the same sets of tickets for six years. The numbers for the winning tickets were a combination of anniversaries, birthdays and lucky numbers.
Pel says he is going to buy a new car with his newfound fortune because his has a tendency to break down on the way to work.
Meantime, Lottery officials say a San Jose resident who won $324 million in last Tuesday's Mega Millions jackpot has yet to come forward.
- Bloody suspect caught by Madera neighbors 31 min ago
- Applications for US jobless aid edge up to 304,000
- Valley cities among those where residents feel least safe
- Burglars steal firefighting tools from Forest Service
- 3 protesters killed in attack on Ukrainian base
- Gunmen attack Iraq military base, kill 10 soldiers
- Two dead after gunfire in the town of Lindcove
- Teen kicked in head taking selfie in front...
- Missing kid found stuck in coin-operated game
- Fresno County jail inmate death labeled a homicide 55 min ago
- FS hires White as new Women's Basketball Coach
- Honey oil safety class for firefighters in Fresno
- FFD: Squatters likely causing dangerous fires
- Photos: Adorable meerkats befriend photographer
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos