Tour bus from Los Angeles crashes in Central California
LOS ANGELES -- A tour bus from Los Angeles slammed into a semi-truck in Central California Monday, injuring more than a dozen people.
The accident happened on northbound Highway 99 in Tulare just before midnight. Authorities say the semi-truck came to a sudden stop and was rear-ended by the Fronteras Del Norte tour bus.
Fifteen of the 35 people on the bus suffered minor injuries and were transported to local hospitals. Seventeen others reported minor injuries but refused medical treatment, police said.
The driver of the semi-truck was hospitalized for minor injuries, and the bus driver also suffered minor injuries but said he would seek his own medical aid, according to a police report. Those who were hospitalized have all been released.
The bus was headed to Washington state. The crash remains under investigation.
accident, california news
- Bloody burglary suspect caught by Madera neighbors
- Applications for US jobless aid edge up to 304,000
- Valley cities among those where residents feel least safe
- Burglars steal firefighting tools from Forest Service
- 3 protesters killed in attack on Ukrainian base
- Gunmen attack Iraq military base, kill 10 soldiers 6 min ago
- Two dead after gunfire in the town of Lindcove
- Teen kicked in head taking selfie in front...
- Missing kid found stuck in coin-operated game
- Fresno County jail inmate death labeled a homicide
- FS hires White as new Women's Basketball Coach
- Honey oil safety class for firefighters in Fresno
- FFD: Squatters likely causing dangerous fires
- Photos: Adorable meerkats befriend photographer
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos