BART police officer fatally shot by fellow officer in Bay Area
DUBLIN, Calif. -- A BART police officer was fatally shot while on a probation search inside a Dublin apartment by a fellow officer.
The officer was transported to a local hospital in critical condition and died from his injuries.
The person who's apartment law enforcement officials were searching was not there.
The investigation has been taken over by the Dublin Police Department and the suspected shooter is not in custody.
Statement from BART Police Chief and General Manager:
"BART has been informed that one of our officers has died from wounds sustained during a shooting earlier today. The entire BART organization is deeply saddened by this tragic event and we ask the public to keep the officer's family in its thoughts and prayers."
We'll have more information when it becomes available.
crimetracker, officer involved shooting, shooting, bay area, state
- Burglars steal firefighting tools from Forest Service
- Two dead after gunfire in the town of Lindcove
- Dinuba apartment manager arrested on forgery charges 3 min ago
- FS hires White as new Women's Basketball Coach
- FFD: Squatters likely causing dangerous fires
- Photos: Adorable meerkats befriend photographer
- Drought may impact farmers market prices
- Recycled water may ease drought concerns
- Valley teens on a spring break job hunt
- Kingsburg water meters change watering habits
- Former Bell city manager gets 12 years in prison
- 4 dead, 292 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Lemoore considers tough water rules
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on 'The View'