BART police officer fatally shot by fellow officer in Bay Area
DUBLIN, Calif. -- A BART police officer was fatally shot while on a probation search inside a Dublin apartment by a fellow officer.
The officer was transported to a local hospital in critical condition and died from his injuries.
The person who's apartment law enforcement officials were searching was not there.
The investigation has been taken over by the Dublin Police Department and the suspected shooter is not in custody.
Statement from BART Police Chief and General Manager:
"BART has been informed that one of our officers has died from wounds sustained during a shooting earlier today. The entire BART organization is deeply saddened by this tragic event and we ask the public to keep the officer's family in its thoughts and prayers."
We'll have more information when it becomes available.
crimetracker, officer involved shooting, shooting, bay area, state
- Woman dies in NE Fresno officer-involved shooting
- Man dies after being shot in the chest in Parlier
- Crews battle large fire at Fresno County warehouse
- China: Vietnam detects signals from missing plane 17 min ago
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- One person dead in Northwest Fresno accident
- California jury deadlocks in ex-NFL player's death
- AP: FBI investigates prison company
- Valley veteran surprised with Purple Heart
- Photos: Chef Shayna Shareable Recipes
- Fresno residents can dispose of old tires for free
- Albertsons parent Cerberus to buy Safeway
- Safeway to pay $2.25 million to settle lawsuit
- Girl Scout Cookie dessert recipes
- Accuweather Forecast
14 min ago