Calif. teen allegedly killed sister over laundry
OAKLAND, Calif. -- Oakland police are searching for a teenager accused of killing his sister following a fight over laundry Thursday.
Mario Toliver Jr., 14, was last seen Thursday afternoon in their grandmother's apartment in Oakland's Chinatown neighborhood.
Investigators believe he shot his 17-year-old sister, Justice Toliver.
The siblings' cousin, Marianna Gaston, 22, told affiliate KGO-TV she was told the pair had been fighting because Justice had reportedly bleached some of Mario's clothes.
Family members are asking the teenager to turn himself in.
"We love you; we're hurting just like you are hurting, please do the right thing," the siblings' grandmother, Wanda Brown, said.
Police say Mario is armed and dangerous. He was described as having dark hair, brown eyes, standing around five feet, five inches tall and weighing about 140 pounds.
A $10,000 reward is being offered for information leading to his arrest.
Anyone with information regarding his whereabouts was urged to contact the Oakland Police Department at (510) 238-3821.
KGO-TV and ABC News contributed to this report.
california, shooting, homicide investigation, california news
- Deputies shoot at suspect after patrol car rammed 7 min ago
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy
- George the Giraffe thanks kind students
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- Search widens for missing Malaysian passenger jet
- Madera Co. shooting tied to drugs, investigators say
- Homeowners asked to prepare for busy fire season
- Clovis man gets prison time in laser-pointer case
- Russia warns Ukraine over 'lawlessness' in east
- Marketplace at El Paseo holds grand opening
- PlayStation 4's faulty parental controls
- Hip surgery complication: Uneven limbs
- Video: Take a tour of the 'smartphone home'
- Photos: Pictures from Malaysia Airlines incident
- Accuweather Forecast
21 min ago