Calif. teen allegedly killed sister over laundry
OAKLAND, Calif. -- Oakland police are searching for a teenager accused of killing his sister following a fight over laundry Thursday.
Mario Toliver Jr., 14, was last seen Thursday afternoon in their grandmother's apartment in Oakland's Chinatown neighborhood.
Investigators believe he shot his 17-year-old sister, Justice Toliver.
The siblings' cousin, Marianna Gaston, 22, told affiliate KGO-TV she was told the pair had been fighting because Justice had reportedly bleached some of Mario's clothes.
Family members are asking the teenager to turn himself in.
"We love you; we're hurting just like you are hurting, please do the right thing," the siblings' grandmother, Wanda Brown, said.
Police say Mario is armed and dangerous. He was described as having dark hair, brown eyes, standing around five feet, five inches tall and weighing about 140 pounds.
A $10,000 reward is being offered for information leading to his arrest.
Anyone with information regarding his whereabouts was urged to contact the Oakland Police Department at (510) 238-3821.
KGO-TV and ABC News contributed to this report.
california, shooting, homicide investigation, california news
- Two killed in shooting near Exeter 1 min ago
- FFD: Squatters likely causing dangerous fires
- Recycled water may ease drought concerns
- Lemoore considers tough water rules
- 4 dead, 292 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- New twist in case of murdered Fresno sex offender
- Boston police safely blow up suspicious backpacks
- Job seekers interview for the world's...
- VIRAL VIDEO: Kids try to use a Walkman
- Police say 5 dead in Calgary stabbings
- Pro-Russian insurgents seize armored vehicles 37 min ago
- China's growth slows to 7.4 percent in 1Q
- Bank of America posts loss, hurt by legal expenses
- Riverdale man is the newest lottery millionaire