Visalia hospital uses Apple Technology to improve service
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Doctors in Visalia are using some of the latest technology from Apple to help take care of their patients.
Kaweah Delta Medical Center is using smart phones like the iPhone to allow doctors and staff to access the hospital's network, and now with the introduction of the apple iPad over the weekend, doctors and staff now have another way to keep track of their patients, even if they're on the go.
The patient info is accessible wherever there's a Wi-Fi connection, whether at home, a local coffee shop, or in another wing of the hospital.
Doctors say it improves patient care. "This is going to make my day easier and patient safety better because not only now I don't have to find a work station to do what I need to do. What I need to do I can do it right there, right then, right now," said Kidney Specialist Dr. Roger Haley.
About twenty doctors at Kaweah Delta are now using the new technology. The hospital hopes to get more doctors involved soon.
health care, technology news
- Huge tornado hits Oklahoma City suburb, kills 51
- Impact of Oklahoma tornado devastation felt in Valley
- Teacher convicted of sex with student sentenced
- Fire breaks out at winery near Reedley
- Tower District crimes attacked head-on
- Valley Works: Educational partnership providing opportunities
- FPU hopes Wilson is answer for women's hoops
- Experts say warm spring means more bugs
- Valley gets cutting-edge way to treat skin blemishes
- Search for new Fresno State president wrapping up
- Fowler High School holds college signing day
- Lilly 2 fire in Yosemite Lakes 80 percent contained
- Yahoo takes big leap with $1.1B deal for Tumblr
- Cement truck overturns on HWY 99 to HWY 180 interchange
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos