Visalia hospital uses Apple Technology to improve service
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Doctors in Visalia are using some of the latest technology from Apple to help take care of their patients.
Kaweah Delta Medical Center is using smart phones like the iPhone to allow doctors and staff to access the hospital's network, and now with the introduction of the apple iPad over the weekend, doctors and staff now have another way to keep track of their patients, even if they're on the go.
The patient info is accessible wherever there's a Wi-Fi connection, whether at home, a local coffee shop, or in another wing of the hospital.
Doctors say it improves patient care. "This is going to make my day easier and patient safety better because not only now I don't have to find a work station to do what I need to do. What I need to do I can do it right there, right then, right now," said Kidney Specialist Dr. Roger Haley.
About twenty doctors at Kaweah Delta are now using the new technology. The hospital hopes to get more doctors involved soon.
health care, technology news
- California seeks to dam 3 Delta channels 23 min ago
- 2 NYC buildings collapse, 2 dead, others missing 48 min ago
- Gaza militants fire large rocket barrage at Israel
- Fresno couple wins $1 million on scratcher
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- Arrest made in Tulare Co officer-involved shooting
- Fresno County man arrested after running from deputies
- Scammers nearly took a Merced woman for big cash
- Surveillance video released in Hanford murder
- No time added for killer of Atwater prison guard
- 5-alarm fire destroys SF building under construction
- Photos: Massive fire damages vacant building in SF
- Mariposa is putting limits on marijuana grows
- Noticeable drop in Valley flu cases