Visalia hospital uses Apple Technology to improve service
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Doctors in Visalia are using some of the latest technology from Apple to help take care of their patients.
Kaweah Delta Medical Center is using smart phones like the iPhone to allow doctors and staff to access the hospital's network, and now with the introduction of the apple iPad over the weekend, doctors and staff now have another way to keep track of their patients, even if they're on the go.
The patient info is accessible wherever there's a Wi-Fi connection, whether at home, a local coffee shop, or in another wing of the hospital.
Doctors say it improves patient care. "This is going to make my day easier and patient safety better because not only now I don't have to find a work station to do what I need to do. What I need to do I can do it right there, right then, right now," said Kidney Specialist Dr. Roger Haley.
About twenty doctors at Kaweah Delta are now using the new technology. The hospital hopes to get more doctors involved soon.
health care, technology news
- Pedestrian killed in HWY 99 hit and run in Fresno 5 min ago
- Massage parlor shutdown after tips of prostitution
- Man killed in rollover crash near Selma
- Tentative order in fight over Fresno water rate hikes
- HS rumor played role in Dinuba sexual battery case
- Fresno man gets prison in fatal hit-and-run crash
- Teen stowaway remains hospitalized in Hawaii
- New effort to honor Hmong veterans
- Counting down to the Clovis Rodeo
- Fresno Co won't change Williamson Act tax standards
- Firefighters preparing for fire season at Lost Lake Park
- Suspect injures Fresno Police dog, officers say
- SD police guns stolen during LA charity game
- Porterville prepares for Iris Festival
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos