Google announces Google TV
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Google wants to move from your desktop into your living room.
Thursday Google unveiled plans to deliver video from TV and the web onto a high definition set. They're calling it Google TV.
It will require a new set-top box to route all the sources, a faster processor, and a new kind of remote control.
Google has already lined up Sony, Logitech, Intel, dish network and best buy as partners.
"These are completely separate worlds for most people where I have all this great, compelling content on my television -- my favorite sports, my favorite shows, my favorite movies, and then this other world where I have all my great web video and my favorite websites," said Google Product Manager Rishi Chandra.
People will be able to do a Google search to find their video. There are predictions that watching video over the internet will grow steadily and surpass broadcast TV viewing in just ten years.
google, technology news
- Group finds 'structurally deficient' bridges in Valley
- Stabbing victim well known in the Tower District
- Fire truck overturns in collision in SE Fresno
- Man arrested for death of baby girl at LNAS
- Dentist sentenced for son's dentist chair overdose
- Fresno's bike lane battle continues
- Lawmakers want to restore dental care to Medi-Cal
- Hotels helping displaced guests after Oakhurst Lodge fire
- Brad Pitt face blindness
- Clovis standoff ends peacefully, suspect in custody
- Top Valley grad rises from humble roots
- Three shot, two dead in Merced shooting
- Costco plans new store in Hanford
- Arrest made in Pinedale arson fires
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos