Mystery Spacecraft to Land
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Preparations are underway at Vandenberg Air Force Base for the first landing of a "mystery spacecraft."
The unmanned air force space plane C37B will land sometime this weekend at the airbase on California's central coast.
Since launching in April, space enthusiasts have speculated about the ultimate purpose of the X37B, which resembles a small space shuttle.
The air force has only said the space plane is a test platform for unspecified experiments.
Hundreds of millions of dollars have been spent on the X37 program, but the current total hasn't been released.
nasa, technology news
- Pedestrian killed in Fresno HWY 99 hit and run 16 min ago
- Trial wrapping up for ex-Clovis cop Kyle Pennington
- Man killed in rollover crash near Selma
- Tentative order in fight over Fresno water rate hikes
- HS rumor played role in Dinuba sexual battery case
- Fresno man gets prison in fatal hit-and-run crash
- Teen stowaway remains hospitalized in Hawaii
- New effort to honor Hmong veterans
- Counting down to the Clovis Rodeo
- Fresno Co won't change Williamson Act tax standards
- Firefighters preparing for fire season at Lost Lake Park
- Suspect injures Fresno Police dog, officers say
- SD police guns stolen during LA charity game
- Porterville prepares for Iris Festival
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos