Mystery Spacecraft to Land
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Preparations are underway at Vandenberg Air Force Base for the first landing of a "mystery spacecraft."
The unmanned air force space plane C37B will land sometime this weekend at the airbase on California's central coast.
Since launching in April, space enthusiasts have speculated about the ultimate purpose of the X37B, which resembles a small space shuttle.
The air force has only said the space plane is a test platform for unspecified experiments.
Hundreds of millions of dollars have been spent on the X37 program, but the current total hasn't been released.
nasa, technology news
- $20 thousand reward for missing Fresno man
- 2010 Greyhound Bus crash lawsuit settled
- Ex-Fresno paralegal found guilty of murder 31 min ago
- World leaders, South Africans honor Mandela
- Lawsuit filed after arrest made in Elbow Room fight
- Debate on Fresno's water rate hike gets heated
- 6 missing people found alive in northern Nevada
- Putin vows to beef up Arctic military presence
- Canada plans claim that would include North Pole
- Juvenile seriously injured in Planada shooting
- Truck driver dies after pinned while making delivery in Fresno
- Fresno auto shops build next Wheels of Hope car
- Experts advise caution after several carbon monoxide leaks
- Freeze affects Valley's $1.5 billion citrus industry