Hubble telescope celebrates 21 years
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A new photo from space was taken by the Hubble Space Telescope which is celebrating 21 years.
The picture is of two galaxies -- that somewhat resemble a rose blossom. NASA astronomers call the combined galaxies by the less-than-romantic name "ARP 273."
Scientists say the galaxies are about 300-million light years away.
nasa, technology news
- Authorities look for missing woman and daughter 25 min ago
- Merced Co. industrial explosion kills 1, injures 2
- Silent Sleigh and Mandela Controversy
- Police say internet cafe doubled as gambling house
- '12 Years,' 'Hustle' lead Globes nominations
- Chief Dyer testifies in excessive force trial
- US unemployment aid applications surge to 368,000
- Merced Co. District Attorney Warns of IRS Phone Scam
- Walking Dead actress admits sending ricin to Obama
- Grieving Merced husband and father talks to ABC30
- 3 rescued from Fresno apartment fire
- Fresno police target gangs in new operation
- Farmers markets hit by freeze
- Fresno Co. supervisors OK preliminary marijuana ban
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos