Paypal launches "Send Money" app for Facebook
SAN JOSE, Calif. (KFSN) -- Social payments are going mainstream -- at least that is what Facebook and Paypal are hoping.
The social networking site has unveiled a new app called "Send Money" that allows users to do exactly as the name implies; send money to each other.
You select a card, choose a friend to send it to and then select how much money to send. The money is then transferred to your friends Paypal account where they can access the cash.
It is considered a peer-to-peer transaction so there is no transaction fee -- though Paypal's regular limits and international fees still apply.
Facebook believes the app will be popular -- allowing users to send friends cash on their birthdays, for those friendly bets on football games, or for reimbursing friends for lunch.
So, what do you think? Would you be willing to send money through a social networking site like Facebook? Tell us on Facebook.
facebook, technology news
- Target: 40M card accounts may be breached
- SoCal tour bus crash injures 22, kills 1 8 min ago
- Operation Bulldog cracks down on gang members
- Dozens injured at partial London theater collapse
- Figure skating champ Boitano says he's gay
- Police arrest escaped Merced C.O. Jail inmate
- New Mexico Supreme Court: Same-sex marriage legal
- Elderly woman critically injured in Fresno house fire
- Fresno attorney reenacts testimony from Kai
- Man accused of killing Los Banos boy in crash changes plea
- Teen girl found dead in Madera County stream
- Homicide investigated at Porterville Developmental Center
- Valley schools prepare for new transgender law
- Valley business gear up for next Fresno State game
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos