Microsoft launches Hmong language translator
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Microsoft launched the first machine for translating the Hmong language in Northeast Fresno Thursday night.
The computer widget will help translate documents, websites, and chats from one of 37 other languages into Hmong.
"It's very important for the community because we've been here in America for 30 years. The young people are losing the Hmong language they can't speak it any more," said Stone Soup Executive Director Maika Yang.
The new widget is a free online tool offered by Microsoft Translator.
microsoft, fresno northeast, fresno, fresno county, technology news
- Magnitude-7.2 earthquake shakes Mexican capital 23 min ago
- Michaels Crafts data breach, nearly 3M compromised 10 min ago
- 'Family Annihilator' fugitive could be in California
- Malos Hechos the target of Fresno police
- Bogus Fresno Bee letter adds intrigue to DA campaign
- Visalia approves limiting residents' water use 31 min ago
- Investigators conduct tests with FedEx truck, bus
- One of Fresno's ten most wanted criminals arrested
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- Gas prices rise as temperatures heat up
- Salmon moved on the San Joaquin River
- 59 Days of Code competition encouraging developers
- Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87
- Bloody suspect caught by Madera neighbors
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos