Microsoft launches Hmong language translator
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Microsoft launched the first machine for translating the Hmong language in Northeast Fresno Thursday night.
The computer widget will help translate documents, websites, and chats from one of 37 other languages into Hmong.
"It's very important for the community because we've been here in America for 30 years. The young people are losing the Hmong language they can't speak it any more," said Stone Soup Executive Director Maika Yang.
The new widget is a free online tool offered by Microsoft Translator.
microsoft, fresno northeast, fresno, fresno county, technology news
- Marijuana was target of Fresno Co home invasion
- Kai was neither hero nor did he cause crash, witnesses say
- Jury awards $1.5 million in Fresno Police excessive force trial
- Valley growers told to brace for drought
- Gunman kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- Toys for Tots needs just over 10k gifts to meet goal
- Tulare County opens fraud hotline
- Big Sur wildfire destroys fire chief's home
- Mega Millions jackpot soars to $636 million
- 3 Fresno State Bulldogs named SI All-Americans Honorable Mentions
- Inmate escapes from Merced County Jail
- 1 dead 1 injured in Merced C.O. shooting
- Valley thieves target truck tailgates
- Valley thieves steal packages from front doors
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos