Microsoft launches Hmong language translator
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Microsoft launched the first machine for translating the Hmong language in Northeast Fresno Thursday night.
The computer widget will help translate documents, websites, and chats from one of 37 other languages into Hmong.
"It's very important for the community because we've been here in America for 30 years. The young people are losing the Hmong language they can't speak it any more," said Stone Soup Executive Director Maika Yang.
The new widget is a free online tool offered by Microsoft Translator.
microsoft, fresno northeast, fresno, fresno county, technology news
- Dr. Joe Castro named new Fresno State president 19 min ago
- FBI fatally shoots man in Boston bombing probe
- Arsonist believed to be on the loose near Orange Cove
- Family rocked by a violent tragedy finds comfort
- Mother of convicted rapist attacks ABC30 camera
- Ben Bernanke signals Fed to maintain stimulus efforts
- Eric Garcetti elected Los Angeles mayor
- LA voters back measure to cap number of pot shops
- US home sales tick up to highest in 3 ½ years
- Senate panel approves immigration bill
- Newest 'Dancing' winner crowned
- Photos: Dancing with the Stars Finals
- Canned peaches may be as good for you as fresh ones
- Mild, dry weather helps California rice growers