Robot basketball tournament continues in Madera
MADERA, Calif. (KFSN) -- Students from around the state are hoping their robots will lead them to victory in the North Valley Saturday.
The Rebound Rumble Tournament kicked off Friday at Madera South High School and will wrap up on Saturday. More than 50 teams are competing in this first-ever Central Valley regional contest.
Students have spent the past six weeks building these robots which are now facing off in a basketball tournament. The top three teams will advance to the national championship in Saint Louis.
The event is open to the public, and admission is free.
madera, madera ranchos, madera county, technology news
- 'Sextortion' suspect set for freedom
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- New details unfold in fatal Fresno PD shooting
- Amber Alert canceled: Long Beach boy found safe
- Madera Co. shooting tied to drugs, investigators say
- Homeowners asked to prepare for busy fire season 13 min ago
- Los Angeles police arrest man in severed head case
- Electricity problems hit Fresno Co. Sheriff's Office
- PlayStation 4's faulty parental controls
- Russia warns Ukraine over 'lawlessness' in east
- Calif. emissions law could make gas prices jump
- USGS: 6.9 earthquake hits 50 miles west of Eureka
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- Photos: Pictures from Malaysia Airlines incident