Apps ready to help you have a safe summer
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Once summer officially starts, many people in the Valley will spend more time outside than inside, but the heat, the water and the bugs can be the serious side to summertime fun.
Temperatures are starting to rise here in the Central Valley and now that we're in June keeping safe can be as simple as keeping your smartphone nearby.
Summertime means fun in the sun, but it can also be a risky season with families hitting the beach, hitting the pool, and hitting the trail on bikes.
Now, with a smartphone in your pocket, keeping everyone safe can get a little easier.
Don't let the sun burn you when you're on the sand or poolside.
The Sunwise app from the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) gives the daily and hourly forecast for UV rays wherever you are or wherever you're headed.
The Suntan Watcher app for iPhone can remind you to turn over, reapply sunscreen, or check on the kids, with the help of an alarm.
Whether you've got a ten-speed or training wheels, the Bike Safety app for iPhone has tips for staying safe on two wheels.
The SOS app from the American Red Cross for Andriod has quick answers for immediate safety concerns from bug bites to barbecue burns, though it shouldn't be used as a replacement for professional care.
technology news, tommy tran
- Woman killed in NE Fresno officer-involved shooting 23 min ago
- Man shot in upper torso in Parlier; 1 person detained
- Crews battle large fire at Fresno County warehouse 2 min ago
- Malaysia Airlines says plane missing 55 min ago
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- One person dead in Northwest Fresno accident
- California jury deadlocks in ex-NFL player's death
- AP: FBI investigates prison company
- Valley veteran surprised with Purple Heart
- Photos: Chef Shayna Shareable Recipes
- Fresno residents can dispose of old tires for free
- Albertsons parent Cerberus to buy Safeway
- Safeway to pay $2.25 million to settle lawsuit
- Girl Scout Cookie dessert recipes