Apple expected to launch iPhone 5 at Sept 12 event
SAN JOSE, Calif. -- Apple is inviting reporters to a news conference next week in San Francisco with a message that suggests that it will reveal the iPhone 5, as expected.
The email invitation shows a big "12," for Sept. 12, casting a shadow in the shape of a "5."
Various unconfirmed reports have pointed to Sept. 12 as being the day Apple Inc. shows off the new phone, which is expected to go on sale a week or two later.
The next iPhone is expected to have a taller screen and the ability to access the latest wireless data networks in the U.S. Analysts expect it to set sales records.
On Wednesday, Nokia and Motorola are holding events of their own, apparently to reveal their latest products ahead of the iPhone launch.
apple, technology news
- Massage parlor shutdown after tips of prostitution
- Tentative order in fight over Fresno water rate hikes
- HS rumor played role in Dinuba sexual battery case
- Fresno man gets prison in fatal hit-and-run crash
- New effort to honor Hmong veterans
- Counting down to the Clovis Rodeo
- Fresno Co won't change Williamson Act tax standards
- Firefighters preparing for fire season at Lost Lake Park
- Suspect injures Fresno Police dog, officers say
- SD police guns stolen during LA charity game
- Porterville prepares for Iris Festival
- 5 honored for helping save Clovis man's life
- Tulare burglary suspect shot, killed by TX trooper
- Did Apple map capture Loch Ness Monster?