Large asteroid to have close call with earth
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The earth is in for a very close brush with an asteroid the size of a house on Friday.
NASA says "Asteroid TC4" is about 56 feet wide and will come only 59,000 miles of our planet. That's about one-fourth the distance to the moon.
But NASA says the huge rock poses no danger and calls the close-encounter a guaranteed miss.
You can watch a live telescope view of the asteroid online using the links below:
space, nasa, technology news
- USC defeats Fresno St 45-20 in Las Vegas Bowl
- Teen who was shot at Colorado school dies
- Man stabs his uncle in the neck in SE Fresno
- Madera family files claim against city of Los Angeles
- Apartment fire displaces 8 people in SE Fresno
- US holiday travelers brace for ice and snow
- Record number of manatee deaths reported in 2013
- Judge orders hospital to keep teen on support
- Things you didn't know about reindeer
- Man charged in Elbow Room fight pleads not guilty
- Fresno Poverello House in need of toys for kids
- Fresno State program gets students interested in STEM classes
- Parlier students get iPad Airs
- Ryann Jones found guilty of second degree murder
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos