Girl Scout cookie fix? There's an app for that
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The Girl Scouts of America are using technology to help you find those yummy cookies.
Folks who need Girl Scout cookies immediately don't have to drive aimlessly around. Tech-savvy customers can use a new phone app or the redesigned website to find locations.
It might seem like a big change, but the Girl Scouts have always adjusted to the times. Local troops are benefitting from the high tech gadgets with higher sales.
Jennifer Stemple with the Madera Ranchos Troop 214 said, "I checked out the little mobile card swiper so I was able to take credit cards and that was huge too because people don't always carry cash these days and people don't carry their check books. So it saved us a few customers that wouldn't have been able to buy cookies otherwise."
The Girl Scouts hope the change helps them to reach their goal of selling one-million boxes. You can't buy just one.
The last day of the cookie sale will be Saturday, March 23, 2013.
technology news, gaby rodriguez
- Marijuana was target of Fresno Co home invasion
- Kai was neither hero nor did he cause crash, witnesses say
- Jury awards $1.5 million in Fresno Police excessive force trial
- Valley growers told to brace for drought
- Gunman kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- Toys for Tots needs just over 10k gifts to meet goal
- Tulare County opens fraud hotline
- Big Sur wildfire destroys fire chief's home
- Mega Millions jackpot soars to $636 million
- 3 Fresno State Bulldogs named SI All-Americans Honorable Mentions
- Inmate escapes from Merced County Jail
- 1 dead 1 injured in Merced C.O. shooting
- Valley thieves target truck tailgates
- Valley thieves steal packages from front doors
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos