Girl Scout cookie fix? There's an app for that
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The Girl Scouts of America are using technology to help you find those yummy cookies.
Folks who need Girl Scout cookies immediately don't have to drive aimlessly around. Tech-savvy customers can use a new phone app or the redesigned website to find locations.
It might seem like a big change, but the Girl Scouts have always adjusted to the times. Local troops are benefitting from the high tech gadgets with higher sales.
Jennifer Stemple with the Madera Ranchos Troop 214 said, "I checked out the little mobile card swiper so I was able to take credit cards and that was huge too because people don't always carry cash these days and people don't carry their check books. So it saved us a few customers that wouldn't have been able to buy cookies otherwise."
The Girl Scouts hope the change helps them to reach their goal of selling one-million boxes. You can't buy just one.
The last day of the cookie sale will be Saturday, March 23, 2013.
technology news, gaby rodriguez
- Perez and Barrera found guilty of 1st degree murder 1 min ago
- Magnitude-7.2 earthquake shakes Mexican capital
- Michaels Crafts data breach, nearly 3M compromised
- 'Family Annihilator' fugitive could be in California
- Malos Hechos the target of Fresno police
- Bogus Fresno Bee letter adds intrigue to DA campaign
- Visalia approves limiting residents' water use
- Investigators conduct tests with FedEx truck, bus
- One of Fresno's ten most wanted criminals arrested
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- Gas prices rise as temperatures heat up
- Salmon moved on the San Joaquin River
- 59 Days of Code competition encouraging developers
- Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos