One car's latest innovation- using 'air' as 'fuel'
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Aside from high gas prices many people buy electric cars to be a little greener but one car that runs on nothing but air could be the greenest of them all.
The car doesn't produce any emissions since it isn't burning anything. It runs by cooling air to a liquid and then heating the liquid into a gas that powers the engine.
But don't expect to get too far in it very fast, it tops out at 30 mph.
This model is just an early prototype. An engine manufacturing company is already working on a more polished package.
- New details unfold in fatal Fresno PD shooting
- Amber Alert canceled: Long Beach boy found safe
- Authorities investigate a shooting in Chowchilla
- USGS: 6.9 earthquake hits 50 miles west of Eureka
- Calif. emissions law could make gas prices jump
- Electricity problems hit Fresno Co. Sheriff's Office 34 min ago
- Los Angeles police arrest man in severed head case
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- Russia warns Ukraine over 'lawlessness' in east
- Police: Man killed in Fresno gang-related shooting
- Man accused of killing Parlier coach identified
- Cornell president named new head of Smithsonian
- Bees attack drivers after SoCal car crash
- Man holds out atop roof of San Diego FBI building