One car's latest innovation- using 'air' as 'fuel'
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Aside from high gas prices many people buy electric cars to be a little greener but one car that runs on nothing but air could be the greenest of them all.
The car doesn't produce any emissions since it isn't burning anything. It runs by cooling air to a liquid and then heating the liquid into a gas that powers the engine.
But don't expect to get too far in it very fast, it tops out at 30 mph.
This model is just an early prototype. An engine manufacturing company is already working on a more polished package.
- 11 min ago
- Merced Co. industrial explosion kills 1, injures 2
- Silent Sleigh and Mandela Controversy 59 min ago
- Police say internet cafe doubled as gambling house
- '12 Years,' 'Hustle' lead Globes nominations
- Chief Dyer testifies in excessive force trial
- US unemployment aid applications surge to 368,000
- Merced Co. District Attorney Warns of IRS Phone Scam
- Walking Dead actress admits sending ricin to Obama
- Grieving Merced husband and father talks to ABC30
- 3 rescued from Fresno apartment fire
- Fresno police target gangs in new operation
- Farmers markets hit by freeze
- Fresno Co. supervisors OK preliminary marijuana ban
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos