Curved iPhones may be coming next year
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Apple may be increasing the screen size with the next generation of iPhone, according to ABC News.
Two new iPhone models are in the works, with curved displays as big as 5.5 inches, Bloomberg reports.
In March, Apple filed a patent for an "electronic device with wrap around display." While other manufacturers have phones with curved screens, Apple's version is different. According to the patent, the display would extend around the edges of the device.
"By curving the glass around the edges and making the display pressure sensitive, you can eliminate buttons," said Patrick Moorhead, the founder of the tech analyst firm Moor Insights and Strategies, "You can also put in programmable buttons and open it up to app developers to play with."
apple, technology news
- Woman dies in NE Fresno officer-involved shooting
- Parlier man shot and killed; neighbor arrested
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard
- Crews battle large fire at Fresno County warehouse
- Man dies after being hit by train in Downtown Fresno
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Man who inspired Three Strikes law may be sentenced under it
- Fresno PD: Man sitting in street struck, killed by car
- Unemployment figures: Slight economic improvement
- California jury deadlocks in ex-NFL player's death
- Near drownings on the rise
- Students take part in robot competition in Madera
- SubCom companies thinking inside the box
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos