Google to lease Castle Commerce Center near Atwater
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Tech giant Google will soon be leasing part of the Castle Commerce Center near Atwater.
In December the Merced Board of Supervisors approved a two year lease for nearly a half million dollars, starting in May of 2014. Google plans to bring about 10-15 people to Merced county for the project, but it's not yet clear how many more jobs could be added.
The county's director of community and economic development says it's another step in redeveloping the former air force base.
google, technology news
- USGS: 6.9 earthquake hits 50 miles west of Eureka
- Vietnam says cannot find object from missing jet
- Police: Man killed in Fresno gang-related shooting
- Man accused of killing Parlier coach identified
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after Visalia Save Mart robbery
- Woman fatally shot by Fresno police identified
- Mexico government 100 pct sure drug capo killed
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- New Target store opens in Northwest Fresno
- Pistorius trial: Stunning testimony in 1st week
- Putin defends separatist drive in Crimea as legal
- Lions owner William Clay Ford dies at 88
- Free health care enrollment fair held in Fresno
- 3D printer and Twitter used to make Oreo cookies