Osama bin Laden's son-in-law caught in Jordan, US official says
WASHINGTON -- U.S. officials have captured Osama bin Laden's spokesman and son-in-law, a senior congressman said Thursday.
Rep. Peter King (R-N.Y.) said Sulaiman Abu Ghaith was caught in Jordan within the last week, calling it a "very significant victory."
According to officials, Ghaith took part in the Sept. 11, 2001, plot against the U.S.
King said U.S. law enforcement officials confirmed the capture.
"I commend our CIA and FBI, our allies in Jordan, and President [Barack] Obama for their capture of al-Qaeda spokesman Sulaiman Abu Ghaith. I trust he received a vigorous interrogation, and will face swift and certain justice," King said in a statement.
al qaeda, terrorism, the pentagon, washington d.c., security, legal, world news
- Deputies shoot at suspect after patrol car rammed
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy
- Search widens for missing Malaysian passenger jet
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- 'Sextortion' suspect set for freedom
- Madera Co. shooting tied to drugs, investigators say
- Homeowners asked to prepare for busy fire season
- Clovis man gets prison time in laser-pointer case
- Russia warns Ukraine over 'lawlessness' in east
- Marketplace at El Paseo holds grand opening
- PlayStation 4's faulty parental controls
- Hip surgery complication: Uneven limbs
- Video: Take a tour of the 'smartphone home'
- Photos: Pictures from Malaysia Airlines incident