Kate Middleton lookalike poses for baby shower photo
LONDON -- Lookalikes posing as Kate Middleton and other British royalty recently appeared in a photo of a pretend baby shower, and the results are quite convincing.
Photographer Alison Jackson asked the impersonators to pose for a photo shoot. The woman posing as Middleton sits front and center amid lookalikes of everyone from Pippa Middleton to Queen Elizabeth and Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall. The women are shown making a toast as the Middleton impostor opens gifts.
A real royal baby shower isn't planned, however. Victoria Arbiter, ABC News royal expert, says Prince William, 30, and his wife "are clearly very wealthy and a lavish baby shower would be seen as highly inappropriate." The lack of a baby shower inspired Jackson's photo shoot.
Though Middleton, 31, is due in mid-July, she has already begun baby shopping. She was spotted at the Blue Almonds boutique in London last month.
ABC News contributed to this report.
kate middleton, prince william, world news
- Air force chief: Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Fresno PD: Man hit by vehicle while jaywalking
- Free health care enrollment fair held in Fresno
- Parlier youth football team mourns slain coach
- Daylight saving time: Set clocks ahead 1 hour
- Paraglider rescued after crashing near Dunlap
- Suspected gang member nabbed in fatal Fresno shooting
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Plea deal for inmate accused of killing correctional officer
- Woman struck, killed by car on Hwy 180 identified
- Elderly drivers: When to turn over the keys
- United Way celebrates 90 years of serving Fresno County
- Fresno gas theft caught on surveillance video
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals