30 From ABC30 Pays Off!
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Likes lead to love for animals with 5,328 new Facebook fans in two weeks.
Animal lovers gave ABC30 and our furry friends a thumbs up during the holidays.
For every new like on our ABC30 Action News Facebook page, ABC30 pledged 30-cents to help save the Central Valley's unwanted animals. The 30 from ABC30 campaign ran from December 14 until December 31, 2011. In just over two weeks, 5,328 new fans clicked "Like" on our ABC30 Action News Facebook page, raising $1,598.40 for the Valley Animal Center, a no-kill shelter in Fresno.
Compassionate animal lovers also responded by opening their homes. Cat adoptions at the Valley Animal Center doubled in December, and the VAC also saw a spike in new fans on its Facebook page.
Join Action News and our furry friends at the VAC for a check presentation on Friday, January 13, 2012 at 8 a.m. The Valley Animal Center is located at 3934 N. Hayston in Fresno, CA.
Visit www.valleyanimal.org for more information on the Valley Animal Center.
- Fresno State defeats Utah State 24-17
- Deputies search for missing 31-year-old Huron man
- Highway 41 closed near Tenaya Lodge
- Train hits pedestrian and dog in Central Fresno
- Video: Mountain communities wake up to snow
- Nelson Mandela family: 'We have lost a great man'
- Reindeer escapes from Santa at Colorado mall
- Toys for Tots marathon kicks off at River Park
- Pearl Harbor ceremony marks attack anniversary
- One injured in Central Fresno drive-by shooting
- Animal shelter seeks donations to keep dogs warm
- Freezing temperatures take toll on small Valley farms
- Police increase patrols on Fulton Mall after shooting
- Valley utility workers gear up for freezing weather