30 From ABC30 Pays Off!
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Likes lead to love for animals with 5,328 new Facebook fans in two weeks.
Animal lovers gave ABC30 and our furry friends a thumbs up during the holidays.
For every new like on our ABC30 Action News Facebook page, ABC30 pledged 30-cents to help save the Central Valley's unwanted animals. The 30 from ABC30 campaign ran from December 14 until December 31, 2011. In just over two weeks, 5,328 new fans clicked "Like" on our ABC30 Action News Facebook page, raising $1,598.40 for the Valley Animal Center, a no-kill shelter in Fresno.
Compassionate animal lovers also responded by opening their homes. Cat adoptions at the Valley Animal Center doubled in December, and the VAC also saw a spike in new fans on its Facebook page.
Join Action News and our furry friends at the VAC for a check presentation on Friday, January 13, 2012 at 8 a.m. The Valley Animal Center is located at 3934 N. Hayston in Fresno, CA.
Visit www.valleyanimal.org for more information on the Valley Animal Center.
- Burglars steal firefighting tools from Forest Service 1 min ago
- FS hires White as new Women's Basketball Coach
- Two dead after gunfire in the town of Lindcove
- FFD: Squatters likely causing dangerous fires
- Recycled water may ease drought concerns
- Valley teens on a spring break job hunt 59 min ago
- Kingsburg water meters change watering habits
- Former Bell city manager gets 12 years in prison
- 4 dead, 292 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Lemoore considers tough water rules
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on 'The View'
- Strahan's 'GMA' side job confirmed with his visit
- Ultimate Warrior cause of death revealed
- New twist in case of murdered Fresno sex offender