30 From ABC30 Pays Off!
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Likes lead to love for animals with 5,328 new Facebook fans in two weeks.
Animal lovers gave ABC30 and our furry friends a thumbs up during the holidays.
For every new like on our ABC30 Action News Facebook page, ABC30 pledged 30-cents to help save the Central Valley's unwanted animals. The 30 from ABC30 campaign ran from December 14 until December 31, 2011. In just over two weeks, 5,328 new fans clicked "Like" on our ABC30 Action News Facebook page, raising $1,598.40 for the Valley Animal Center, a no-kill shelter in Fresno.
Compassionate animal lovers also responded by opening their homes. Cat adoptions at the Valley Animal Center doubled in December, and the VAC also saw a spike in new fans on its Facebook page.
Join Action News and our furry friends at the VAC for a check presentation on Friday, January 13, 2012 at 8 a.m. The Valley Animal Center is located at 3934 N. Hayston in Fresno, CA.
Visit www.valleyanimal.org for more information on the Valley Animal Center.
- Police investigate deadly Tower District stabbing
- Clovis standoff ends peacefully, suspect in custody 5 min ago
- Three shot, two dead in Merced shooting
- Arrest made in Pinedale arson fires
- Police: Released parole violator shot at officers
- New medical center breaks ground in Visalia
- Fresno City Council votes against planned bike lane
- Overseas lotto scams prey on elderly
- Bob Wills home threatened by development
- New bike trail underpass raises deadly crash questions
- No fatalities in I-5 bridge collapse in NW Wash
- 5.7 earthquake strikes northeast of Chico
- BBQ101 at Caruthers High School
- Parlier homicide victim identified as Francisco Esquivel-Lucio
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos