Beyond the Headlines
ABC7's Emmy award-winning public affairs show, "Beyond the Headlines," provides in-depth coverage of the topics and issues facing the people of the Bay Area. Throughout the year, "Beyond the Headlines" airs half-hour specials on issues, ranging from Bay Area housing to same-sex marriage.
BEYOND THE HEADLINES
March 31, 2013
Hosted by ABC7's Cheryl Jennings
In this week's special episode of "Beyond the Headlines," we take a look at some of the women behind an amazing conference sponsored by ABC7.
The Professional BusinessWomen of California (PBWC) is a community of 25,000 women in the pursuit of success with educational and networking opportunities designed to advance both personal and professional lives. The annual PBWC Conference helps attendees connect with industry experts, make real contact with people who could advance careers, explore new ways to reach their maximum potential, and create inspiration to seek new challenges.
The theme of this year's conference is "The Next Genderation." We hear from PBWC leaders who work to "unlock the full potential of women in the workplace," including U.S. Congresswoman Jackie Speier, Bank of the West's Senior VP Alexandra Roddy, and LeanIn.org President Rachel Thomas. They tell us what to expect at this year's conference on May 23, 2013, as well as how you can create your own Lean In circles.
The PBWC Conference is the premier conference for women in business. The event is all-day and features an incredible line-up of speakers. They include: Facebook Chief Operating Officer Sheryl Sandberg, former Michigan Governor Jennifer Granholm, acclaimed actress/performer/activist Rita Moreno, US Congresswoman Jackie Speier, and several others. Register for your tickets today!
Professional BusinessWomen of California (PBWC) Conference
Thursday, May 23, 2013
Moscone Center West
800 Howard Street
Senior Vice President, Bank of the West
Board Member, PBWC
For more information about PBWC, or to learn more about this year's conference, visit:
2-1-1 provides free and confidential information and referral. Dial 2-1-1 for help with food, housing, employment, health care, counseling and more.
- Woman dies in NE Fresno officer-involved shooting
- Parlier man shot and killed; neighbor arrested
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard
- Crews battle large fire at Fresno County warehouse
- Man dies after being hit by train in Downtown Fresno
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Man who inspired Three Strikes law may be sentenced under it
- Fresno PD: Man sitting in street struck, killed by car
- Unemployment figures: Slight economic improvement
- California jury deadlocks in ex-NFL player's death
- Near drownings on the rise
- Students take part in robot competition in Madera
- SubCom companies thinking inside the box
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos