Beyond the Headlines
ABC7's Emmy award-winning public affairs show, "Beyond the Headlines," provides in-depth coverage of the topics and issues facing the people of the Bay Area. Throughout the year, "Beyond the Headlines" airs half-hour specials on issues, ranging from Bay Area housing to same-sex marriage.
BEYOND THE HEADLINES
May 12, 2013
Sharing the Road
Hosted by ABC7's Cheryl Jennings
In this week's episode of "Beyond the Headlines," we discuss how motorcyclists, bicyclists, drivers, and pedestrians can share the road. We take a look at some of the ways we can make the road safer for everyone.
According to the California Highway Patrol, over 600 pedestrians were killed in California in 2010, with more than 12,000 injured. Our guests speak about how to travel safely, whether riding in a vehicle, riding a bicycle, or walking.
We'll hear from a CHP Officer and from organizations that help to promote the protection of all pedestrians and motorists on the road.
Lane Splitting Is Legal
Walk San Francisco
2-1-1 provides free and confidential information and referral. Dial 2-1-1 for help with food, housing, employment, health care, counseling and more.
- Marijuana was target of Fresno Co home invasion
- Kai was neither hero nor did he cause crash, witnesses say
- Jury awards $1.5 million in Fresno Police excessive force trial
- Valley growers told to brace for drought
- Gunman kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- Toys for Tots needs just over 10k gifts to meet goal
- Tulare County opens fraud hotline
- Big Sur wildfire destroys fire chief's home
- Mega Millions jackpot soars to $636 million
- 3 Fresno State Bulldogs named SI All-Americans Honorable Mentions
- Inmate escapes from Merced County Jail
- 1 dead 1 injured in Merced C.O. shooting
- Valley thieves target truck tailgates
- Valley thieves steal packages from front doors
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos