Beyond the Headlines
ABC7's Emmy award-winning public affairs show, "Beyond the Headlines," provides in-depth coverage of the topics and issues facing the people of the Bay Area. Throughout the year, "Beyond the Headlines" airs half-hour specials on issues, ranging from Bay Area housing to same-sex marriage.
BEYOND THE HEADLINES
May 12, 2013
Sharing the Road
Hosted by ABC7's Cheryl Jennings
In this week's episode of "Beyond the Headlines," we discuss how motorcyclists, bicyclists, drivers, and pedestrians can share the road. We take a look at some of the ways we can make the road safer for everyone.
According to the California Highway Patrol, over 600 pedestrians were killed in California in 2010, with more than 12,000 injured. Our guests speak about how to travel safely, whether riding in a vehicle, riding a bicycle, or walking.
We'll hear from a CHP Officer and from organizations that help to promote the protection of all pedestrians and motorists on the road.
Lane Splitting Is Legal
Walk San Francisco
2-1-1 provides free and confidential information and referral. Dial 2-1-1 for help with food, housing, employment, health care, counseling and more.
- Fresno 4/20 event fires up health advocates
- Deputies shoot, kill man after high-speed chase
- Divers begin pulling bodies from sunken ferry
- 1 dead, 1 arrested after NW Fresno shooting
- FLIR video captures end of Tulare County chase
- Police arrest 2 suspects in Merced shooting
- 13th body pulled from snow in Everest avalanche
- Health care site flagged in Heartbleed review
- 2 Fresno men arrested in NY for heroin possession
- Deputies: Man smothered crying son over video game
- NASA: Engineer vital to moon landing success dies
- Chopper drops 2,600 golf balls for a good cause
- Blackbeard's hosts large Easter egg hunt
- Easter Brunch recipe