Beyond the Headlines
ABC7's Emmy award-winning public affairs show, "Beyond the Headlines," provides in-depth coverage of the topics and issues facing the people of the Bay Area. Throughout the year, "Beyond the Headlines" airs half-hour specials on issues, ranging from Bay Area housing to same-sex marriage.
BEYOND THE HEADLINES
May 12, 2013
Sharing the Road
Hosted by ABC7's Cheryl Jennings
In this week's episode of "Beyond the Headlines," we discuss how motorcyclists, bicyclists, drivers, and pedestrians can share the road. We take a look at some of the ways we can make the road safer for everyone.
According to the California Highway Patrol, over 600 pedestrians were killed in California in 2010, with more than 12,000 injured. Our guests speak about how to travel safely, whether riding in a vehicle, riding a bicycle, or walking.
We'll hear from a CHP Officer and from organizations that help to promote the protection of all pedestrians and motorists on the road.
Lane Splitting Is Legal
Walk San Francisco
2-1-1 provides free and confidential information and referral. Dial 2-1-1 for help with food, housing, employment, health care, counseling and more.
- Deputies shoot at suspect after patrol car rammed 49 min ago
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy
- Robot helps in design of High-Speed Rail
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- 'Sextortion' suspect set for freedom
- Search widens for missing Malaysian passenger jet
- Madera Co. shooting tied to drugs, investigators say
- Homeowners asked to prepare for busy fire season
- Clovis man gets prison time in laser-pointer case
- Russia warns Ukraine over 'lawlessness' in east
- Marketplace at El Paseo holds grand opening
- PlayStation 4's faulty parental controls
- Hip surgery complication: Uneven limbs
- Video: Take a tour of the 'smartphone home'