Beyond the Headlines
ABC7's Emmy award-winning public affairs show, "Beyond the Headlines," provides in-depth coverage of the topics and issues facing the people of the Bay Area. Throughout the year, "Beyond the Headlines" airs half-hour specials on issues, ranging from Bay Area housing to same-sex marriage.
BEYOND THE HEADLINES
August 11, 2013
Hosted by ABC7's Cheryl Jennings
In this week's episode of "Beyond the Headlines," we examine the importance of adequate sleep and the risks associated with not getting enough rest.
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, insufficient sleep is a public health epidemic. Not only is it linked to motor vehicle accidents and occupational errors, but also chronic diseases.
We'll hear from experts in psychiatry and sleep medicine, as well as a personal story of someone who has struggled with sleep for 17 years. They'll discuss the causes of poor sleep and how to overcome improper sleep habits.
Winston Chung, MD
Medical Director of Inpatient Psychiatry, California Pacific Medical Center
Assistant Professor of Psychiatry, Geisel School of Medicine
Find him on Twitter: @WinstonChungMD
Rafael Pelayo, MD
The Stanford Center for Sleep Sciences and Medicine
American Diabetes Association
Diabetes Center, UCSF
- Foothill residents preparing for freezing temps
- Teenage serial burglar, 14, arrested in Merced
- Serial college campus sex offender to be released soon
- Toys for Tots warehouse sits empty
- Tips to protect Fido from the freeze
- Freeze threatens unique tropical farm
- Newtown 911 dispatcher urged callers to take cover
- 2 Men accused of firing 40 shots at law enforcement
- Wonder Woman cast for Batman and Superman film
- Autopsy: Walker died from impact, fire in crash
- Bulldog gang members have gun battle with officer
- Fracking: Central Valley boom or nightmare?
- Mexico: Stolen radioactive cobalt box found empty
- 10 whales dead, dozens stranded in Everglades
- Accuweather Forecast
35 min ago