Beyond the Headlines
ABC7's Emmy award-winning public affairs show, "Beyond the Headlines," provides in-depth coverage of the topics and issues facing the people of the Bay Area. Throughout the year, "Beyond the Headlines" airs half-hour specials on issues, ranging from Bay Area housing to same-sex marriage.
BEYOND THE HEADLINES
August 11, 2013
Hosted by ABC7's Cheryl Jennings
In this week's episode of "Beyond the Headlines," we examine the importance of adequate sleep and the risks associated with not getting enough rest.
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, insufficient sleep is a public health epidemic. Not only is it linked to motor vehicle accidents and occupational errors, but also chronic diseases.
We'll hear from experts in psychiatry and sleep medicine, as well as a personal story of someone who has struggled with sleep for 17 years. They'll discuss the causes of poor sleep and how to overcome improper sleep habits.
Winston Chung, MD
Medical Director of Inpatient Psychiatry, California Pacific Medical Center
Assistant Professor of Psychiatry, Geisel School of Medicine
Find him on Twitter: @WinstonChungMD
Rafael Pelayo, MD
The Stanford Center for Sleep Sciences and Medicine
American Diabetes Association
Diabetes Center, UCSF
- Patricia Perez and David Barrera found guilty of first degree murder 18 min ago
- Magnitude-7.2 earthquake shakes Mexican capital 46 min ago
- Michaels Crafts data breach, nearly 3M compromised 33 min ago
- 'Family Annihilator' fugitive could be in California
- Malos Hechos the target of Fresno police
- Bogus Fresno Bee letter adds intrigue to DA campaign
- Visalia approves limiting residents' water use 54 min ago
- Investigators conduct tests with FedEx truck, bus
- One of Fresno's ten most wanted criminals arrested
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- Gas prices rise as temperatures heat up
- Salmon moved on the San Joaquin River
- 59 Days of Code competition encouraging developers
- Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos