Beyond the Headlines
ABC7's Emmy award-winning public affairs show, "Beyond the Headlines," provides in-depth coverage of the topics and issues facing the people of the Bay Area. Throughout the year, "Beyond the Headlines" airs half-hour specials on issues, ranging from Bay Area housing to same-sex marriage.
BEYOND THE HEADLINES
September 22, 2013 and January 19, 2014
Hosted by ABC7's Cheryl Jennings
This week's episode of "Beyond the Headlines" discusses Urban Development. Housing and transit challenges can be overwhelming to the public eye, but improvements are being made to better the community overall.
According to the Center for Continuing Study of the California Economy, the population of the Bay Area is projected to balloon by 30 percent by 2040, from 7.1 million residents today to 9.3 million. That's an increase of more than two million.
Today's guests will address the expected increase in population and traffic.
Association of Bay Area Governments
Plan Bay Area
- Fresno cop investigated for auto theft, drugs
- Trevor Bishop charged with murder in child death
- West readies sanctions on Russia after Crimea vote
- Community bands together for Officer Jon Linzey
- Chef Shayna's Irish favorites
- Photos: Chef Shayna Shareable Recipes
- High court upholds Delta Smelt protection
- Man who woke up inside body bag dies
- Malaysia widens search for missing plane
- Man missing near Shaver Lake found alive and well
- More than 400 guns were seized in SoCal
- Family headed to DC for father's Medal of Honor
- Valley Sikhs speak out on bullying report
- Police fight spike in Tower District crime