Beyond the Headlines
ABC7's Emmy award-winning public affairs show, "Beyond the Headlines," provides in-depth coverage of the topics and issues facing the people of the Bay Area. Throughout the year, "Beyond the Headlines" airs half-hour specials on issues, ranging from Bay Area housing to same-sex marriage.
BEYOND THE HEADLINES
September 22, 2013
Hosted by ABC7's Cheryl Jennings
This week's episode of "Beyond the Headlines" discusses Urban Development. Housing and transit challenges can be overwhelming to the public eye, but improvements are being made to better the community overall.
According to the Center for Continuing Study of the California Economy, the population of the Bay Area is projected to balloon by 30 percent by 2040, from 7.1 million residents today to 9.3 million. That's an increase of more than two million.
Today's guests will address the expected increase in population and traffic.
Association of Bay Area Governments
Plan Bay Area
- Ryan Rodriquez kidnapping suspect descriptions released
- Former Clovis cop will face domestic violence trial
- Marathoner Fresno police officer outruns serial burglar
- Gang member arrested after ABC30 story comment
- How to make Christmas cookies and cocktails
- Woman twerking serves as lookout for alleged burglar
- Chief Dyer testifies in excessive force trial
- Police say internet cafe doubled as gambling house
- Son sought in beating of parents in Fresno
- Silent Sleigh and Mandela Controversy
- '12 Years,' 'Hustle' lead Globes nominations
- US unemployment aid applications surge to 368,000
- Merced Co. District Attorney Warns of IRS Phone Scam
- Walking Dead actress admits sending ricin to Obama