Beyond the Headlines: Hispanic Roundtable
ABC7's Emmy award-winning public affairs show, "Beyond the Headlines," provides in-depth coverage of the topics and issues facing the people of the Bay Area. Throughout the year, "Beyond the Headlines" airs half-hour specials on issues, ranging from Bay Area housing to same-sex marriage.
BEYOND THE HEADLINES
October 6, 2013
Moderated by ABC7's Lyanne Melendez
This week's episode of "Beyond the Headlines" celebrates National Hispanic Heritage Month with a special roundtable discussion moderated by ABC7 News reporter Lyanne Melendez. Hispanic Heritage Month spans September 15 to October 15 and celebrates the histories, cultures, and contributions of American citizens whose ancestors came from Spain, Mexico, the Caribbean and Central and South America. Local leaders of the Hispanic community join us to talk about some of the current issues facing our Hispanic and Bay Area communities.
CEO, La Clínica de La Raza
- Fresno couple wins $1 million on scratcher
- No time added for killer of Atwater prison guard
- Arrest made in Tulare County officer-involved shooting
- Drop in Valley flu cases
- New painkiller 10 times stronger than Vicodin
- Senator: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Tiger Cubs make big debut at Fresno Chaffee Zoo
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy
- Vet saves poisoned dog with vodka
- Obama's surprise turn on 'Between Two Ferns'
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- Interpol shows image of 2 Iranians on missing jet
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos