Beyond the Headlines: Affordable Care Act
ABC7's Emmy award-winning public affairs show, "Beyond the Headlines," provides in-depth coverage of the topics and issues facing the people of the Bay Area. Throughout the year, "Beyond the Headlines" airs half-hour specials on issues, ranging from Bay Area housing to same-sex marriage.
BEYOND THE HEADLINES
November 24, 2013
Affordable Care Act
Hosted by ABC7's Cheryl Jennings
This week's episode of "Beyond the Headlines" looks at the Affordable Care Act, also known as "ObamaCare."
Effective March 31, 2014, all Americans will be required to have health insurance or will have to pay a fee if they choose not to participate. The Affordable Care Act's nationwide enrollment has been surrounded by multiple problems and a lot of confusion. Many still have hope that it will lead to a healthier California and a healthier country.
Today's guests offer tips to help clarify our changing healthcare system, as well as provide local resources for finding the right healthcare plan for you.
President, Californians for Patient Care
- Police: Man killed in Fresno gang-related shooting
- Vietnam says cannot find object from missing jet 10 min ago
- Man accused of killing Parlier coach identified
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after Visalia Save Mart robbery 46 min ago
- Woman fatally shot by Fresno police identified
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- Pistorius trial: Stunning testimony in 1st week
- Putin defends separatist drive in Crimea as legal
- Lions owner William Clay Ford dies at 88 20 min ago
- Parlier youth football team mourns slain coach
- Fresno PD: Man hit by vehicle while jaywalking
- DUI suspect crashes into 'We Be Sober' drivers
- Mayor Rob Ford gets daylight saving time wrong
- 3D printer and Twitter used to make Oreo cookies