Beyond the Headlines: Hunger
ABC7's Emmy award-winning public affairs show, "Beyond the Headlines," provides in-depth coverage of the topics and issues facing the people of the Bay Area. Throughout the year, "Beyond the Headlines" airs half-hour specials on issues, ranging from Bay Area housing to same-sex marriage.
BEYOND THE HEADLINES
December 8, 2013 AND December 15, 2013
Hosted by ABC7's Cheryl Jennings
In this week's episode of "Beyond the Headlines," we discuss the continuing fight against hunger in our community. One in 6 people living in the Bay Area aren't sure where they will be getting their next meal. This is the 22nd year ABC7 has teamed up with Bay Area Food Banks to help feed the more than 600,000 people they serve each month.
Our "Give Where You Live" Food Drive has been in full force since Thanksgiving Day, and there's still time for YOU to pitch in and help! Take the "Give Where You Live" pledge on the ABC7 News Facebook page and help feed the Bay Area's hungry this holiday season. For every pledge, ABC7 will donate $1 to the Bay Area's Feeding America food banks -- up to $75,000! Your good deed could be rewarded! By entering the form, you will not only be taking the pledge, but you will also be automatically entered to win $7K!
Or you can text the word FEED to number 80077 to donate $10 to Bay Area food banks. When prompted, reply with YES to confirm the donation and have it added to your phone bill.
Find out more about "Give Where You Live" and about participating local food banks here.
Executive Director, Food Bank of Contra Costa & Solano
Client/Volunteer, Second Harvest Food Bank
VP, Programs & Services, Second Harvest Food Bank
Clinical Supervisor, Meals On Wheels
Volunteer, Meals On Wheels
Executive Director, Collective Roots
- Deputies shoot, kill man after high-speed chase
- 1 dead, 1 arrested after NW Fresno shooting
- 10 more bodies found inside sunken ferry by divers
- FLIR video captures end of Tulare County chase
- Police arrest 2 suspects in Merced shooting
- 13th body pulled from snow in Everest avalanche
- Strong earthquake strikes off Papua New Guinea
- Credit card skimming device found at gas station
- 2 Fresno men arrested in NY for heroin possession
- Deputies: Man smothered crying son over video game
- Health care site flagged in Heartbleed review
- Merced County swears in nation's 1st Hmong judge
- Singer Juan Gabriel released from Vegas hospital
- Easter Brunch recipe
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos