Super Creamy Mushroom Soup
Mr. Food -- Our Super Creamy Mushroom Soup is so rich and creamy, it tastes like a fancy restaurant chef made it. That's because our Test Kitchen team has shared some easy secrets to making the best homemade cream soups ever. Give it a try and we bet you'll agree.
Cooking Time: 35 minIngredients
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 5 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1/4 teaspoon browning and seasoning sauce
- In a soup pot, melt butter over medium heat. Add mushrooms, onion, salt, and pepper; saute until tender.
- Add flour and cook 2 to 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Gradually add broth and bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Slowly stir in half-and-half and browning sauce and simmer 5 additional minutes, or until thickened. Serve immediately.
mr. food, mr. food
- 2 Men accused of firing 40 shots at law enforcement
- Bulldog gang members have gun battle with officer
- Fracking: Central Valley boom or nightmare?
- Growers watch hourly temps as cold snap approaches
- Fresno supervisors approve moving coroner to sheriff
- OTRC: Paul Walker autopsy results released
- BART train evacuated after brake problem
- Family blames company for flammable water
- Man tries to kill ex-girlfriend by setting fire to home
- Blue jean bandits hit Eye Candy Fashion Boutique
- Man and two children killed in Merced fire
- Video: Fresno's Christmas Tree Lane sees big crowds
- Suspect hit in Fresno Co. officer involved shooting
- City of Fresno to open warming center