Southern Fried Pickles
Mr. Food (KFSN) -- Need a downright delicious change-of-pace nibbler?
Take your taste buds to some traditional Southern-style cooking and treat everyone to our easy batter-dipped Southern Fried Pickles. Yes, pickles! If you've never tried them, these are a must!
Preparation Time: 5 min
Chilling Time: 20 min
Cooking Time: 15 minIngredients
- 1 1/2 cups cornmeal
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons lemon pepper seasoning
- 2 teaspoons dried dillweed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 (24-ounce) jar dill pickle spears, chilled
- 3 cups canola oil
- In a shallow dish, combine cornmeal, flour, lemon pepper, dillweed, garlic, salt, and pepper; mix well. In another shallow dish, whisk milk and eggs together.
- Dip pickles into egg mixture, then place in breading mixture and coat evenly on all sides. Place on wax paper-lined platter. Chill 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a soup pot, heat oil until hot but not smoking. Carefully add chilled pickles in batches to oil and fry 3 to 4 minutes, or until golden, turning once. Drain on paper towel-lined platter.
Serve with your favorite ranch dressing.
mr. food, mr. food
- Bloody suspect caught by Madera neighbors 14 min ago
- Applications for US jobless aid edge up to 304,000
- Valley cities among those where residents feel least safe 45 min ago
- Burglars steal firefighting tools from Forest Service
- 3 protesters killed in attack on Ukrainian base
- Gunmen attack Iraq military base, kill 10 soldiers
- Two dead after gunfire in the town of Lindcove
- Teen kicked in head taking selfie in front...
- Missing kid found stuck in coin-operated game
- Fresno County jail inmate death labeled a homicide 38 min ago
- FS hires White as new Women's Basketball Coach
- Honey oil safety class for firefighters in Fresno
- FFD: Squatters likely causing dangerous fires
- Photos: Adorable meerkats befriend photographer
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos