Mr. Food: Half Moon Cookies
Mr. Food -- Practically every bakery has these cookies they call either Black and Whites or Half Moons. No matter what they're called, what makes these so good is that you don't have to decide if you want chocolate icing or vanilla, 'cause each cookie has both!
Baking Time: 12 minIngredients
- 1 (18.25-ounce) package white cake mix (see Note)
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 8 ounces (half a 16-ounce container) chocolate frosting
- 8 ounces (half a 16-ounce container) vanilla frosting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat two baking sheets with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix, oil, and eggs; mix well. Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto prepared baking sheets. Bake 12 to 14 minutes, or until firm.
- Remove cookies to wire racks to cool completely. Frost half of the flat side of each cookie with vanilla frosting and the other half with chocolate frosting. Serve, or cover loosely until ready to serve.
mr. food, mr. food
- Authorities probe murder outside Merced apartment 1 min ago
- Teenage boy shot and killed in Tulare
- Focus turns to pilots as hunt for jet widens
- Visalia man accused of sexually exploiting boy
- FSU women's basketball headed to NCAA tournament
- Amber Alert issued for 4 LA-area children
- Ukraine says Russian forces move outside Crimea
- Car wash held to help family of murdered coach
- Visalia shooting sends man to hospital
- Man arrested after Hanford drug and weapons bust
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- Mendota PD seeks arsonist after patrol car torched
- Merced County marijuana grow lands man in jail
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
- Authorities probe murder outside Merced...
18 min ago