Mr. Food (KFSN) -- A steakhouse meal without a pricey steakhouse tab is easy as can be with our elegant Presidential Steak recipe for filet mignon that won't break the bank.
Savor the tastes and the savings of this meal fit for a President!
Preparation Time: 5 min
Cooking Time: 15 minIngredients
- 4 (6- to 8-ounce) 1-1/4-inch filet mignon steaks
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 slices bacon
- Dijon Herb Butter:
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon cracked peppercorns
- In a medium bowl, make the Dijon Herb Butter by combining butter, mustard, parsley, and cracked peppercorns. Mix until combined then place in a crock and chill until ready to use.
- Preheat broiler. Season steaks with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet, slightly cook bacon over medium-high heat until lightly browned, but not crisp. Wrap 1 slice of bacon around each steak and secure with a wooden toothpick.
- Place steaks on a broiler pan or rimmed baking sheet and broil 5 to 6 minutes per side for medium-rare, or until desired doneness beyond that. Remove toothpicks and serve with a scoop of Dijon Herb Butter topping each steak.
mr. food, mr. food
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store 15 min ago
- AP: FBI investigates prison company 2 min ago
- Valley veteran surprised with Purple Heart
- Girl Scout Cookie dessert recipes 57 min ago
- Dustin Gran murder trial gets underway in Modesto
- Unemployment rises to 6.7 percent in February
- Fresno County veteran receives national award
- Woman fatally struck by vehicle on Highway 180
- Fresno cracks down on stolen shopping carts
- Con man steals millions from elderly
- Man sentenced in fatal Los Banos DUI crash
- Photos: 16th-century 'rocket cat' weaponry pictures
- Obama says Crimea separation would violate law
- Growers discuss issues at Citrus Showcase