Mini Fruit Pockets
Mr. Food (KFSN) -- This mini homemade version of one of our favorite store-bought treats, will run rings around the original.
Why? Because nothing beats the taste of fresh out of the oven homemade Mini Fruit Pockets oozing with our favorite fruit preserves.
Makes: 12 pastries
Cooking Time: 7 minIngredients
- 1 (14.1-ounce) box rolled refrigerated pie crust
- 1/4 cup strawberry preserves or your favorite flavor
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Decorative sugar for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Unroll one pie crust and using a knife, square the edges. Cut into 12 rectangles 2 inches wide by 3 inches long. Place a teaspoon of preserves in center of 6 rectangles and top with remaining rectangles. Using a fork, crimp edges and place on baking sheet. Unroll second pie crust and repeat process.
- Bake 7 to 9 minutes, or until lightly browned. Let cool 5 minutes, then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, stir together confectioners' sugar and milk, until consistency is like thick syrup. Spoon glaze slowly over fruit pockets and sprinkle with decorative sugar, if desired. Let harden, then serve.
mr. food, mr. food
- Operation Bulldog cracks down on gang members
- Target: 40M card accounts may be breached
- Figure skating champ Boitano says he's gay 23 min ago
- New Mexico Supreme Court: Same-sex marriage legal 54 min ago
- Elderly woman critically injured in Fresno house fire
- Fresno attorney reenacts testimony from Kai
- Man accused of killing Los Banos boy in crash changes plea
- Teen girl found dead in Madera County stream
- Homicide investigated at Porterville Developmental Center
- Valley schools prepare for new transgender law
- Valley business gear up for next Fresno State game
- FUSD improves nationally but still behind peers
- Wood burning contributes to bad air quality in the Valley
- Bad air keeps some Valley students indoors
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos